Monday, June 17, 2013

Three Fears

2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.
And speaking of zombies. . .

I'm not afraid that zombies will overcome my world.
Nor do I fear destruction when alien bombs are hurled.

My fears are much less grandiose. I have a fear of ants.
Perhaps not fear but just dislike that's grown, but not by chance.
When I was a teenager, I went to go to bed
But found my room invaded by creatures, large and red
Or maybe they were black ones, the type that eat at wood
Whatever these ants color was, I knew it was not good!
They crawled through my pajammas and all over my floor.
My walls, by bed, my windows and and dresser had some more.
I ran to get my mother to help me with my plight
She killed them but I still slept in the living room that night!
And since that night of trauma they really creep me out.
I'm not sure that I FEAR the things, but hate them?  Yes.  No doubt.
When I lived near the jungle, the ants were CRAZY there.
They added to my hatred and also to the scare.
And then one year at Christmas, while hanging up the lights
I found a fire ants' nest well hidden from my sights.
It's SO not fair at CHRISTMAS to have to watch for ants!
Just thinking of their biting ways, I do a little dance.
*shudders*


Now, something I'm AFRAID of though I give it little thought,
Is that I'll truly lose my mind to Alzheimer's or aught. 
I've had enough of nightmares, since I lived far away
In which I didn't recognize close family let's say.
My son went in the navy when he got out of school.
I dreamed he came, unrecognized.  It really was NOT cool.
Alzheimer's took my father until his liver failed
And since that time, with menopause, my memory has paled.
Oh, I've been told that Alzheimer's not handed down and yet . . .
I fear I'll turn to brainlessness - I'm half way there I bet!
*snickers*
View from my throne - mirror peeker
Another fear is probably due to way too much tv.
I worry that some lunatic has cameras trained on me.
I've had this fear for years now and I know it makes no sense.
I sure don't think I'm worth the peek that's taken by such gents
But there's the thing, these guys are nuts who spy on other folk.
So I worry someone's watching on my bathroom time, no joke. 
*rolls eyes* 


 

No comments: