Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A Batty Biddy Begins Blogging

I’ve just moved into the cutest little apartment out in the woods in Connecticut.  (WAY out in the woods)  The place is still piled high with boxes and totes and anywhere I look, there’s something else that I should be doing.  As I sit here at my computer, I am left feeling that I need to be doing something else, but when I’m doing something else, I’m thinking that I still haven’t started that blog that I told myself I was going to start.  It’s a vicious circle!

The year is just beginning so I started the 52 Week Organized Home Challenge.  It started out in the kitchen.  The kitchen itself is now under control but it included the table and, well, THAT could use a lot of work!  (and here I am on the computer)  I also decided to do the 21 Days to Getting Organized Challenge.  I just need LOTS of help / ideas to get this place in order and beside that, I’m a sucker for goals/ plans/ organization theories.  My creative brain just needs something firm to lean on.
  
There’s a lot more to a blog than what I had thought.  People keep asking me questions about it like, “What are you going to blog about?  Who do you think will read it?”  I have just gone through all the fonts on my computer to choose one and even THAT was a challenge.  I’ve downloaded a lot of fun fonts.  My niece has offered to ‘make it pretty’ for me which is good, because I have no clue how to do that yet.  I’ll have her show me so that I can keep it changing, to keep it interesting. 

Well, a Happy New Year to all of my new blog readers! 

Wish me luck with all of these new challenges.   Shouldn’t each new year bring fun new challenges?



4 comments:

cbryan said...

I'm finally commenting!! LOL How is the organization going?? We are trying to get our house cleaned back up from the holidays...... If we do a little bit each day it'll all get done, right?

A Batty Biddy's Blog said...

Cbryan,
Yeah. My problem was having moved in right before Christmas. Now, there's not only the basic Christmas cleanup, but a full blown MESS in every corner! My problem is that there are so many days when I feel that I get NOTHING done! Oh, I probably did SOMETHING, but I'm just not feeling it sometimes.
The kitchen, which is the part that the 52 week challenge started out with, it really coming along however.
*grin*

fwood said...

Way to go Cindy. It's good to have goals. As for your blog. my nephew's wife does a family blog and she has music on her's.There are 3 or 4 songs it will play, I like that. Good luck on both projects.

A Batty Biddy's Blog said...

Thanks, fwood! That's a good idea. I had seen an application that would do that. I guess I'll go and add it now!