Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Twenty Eight First Kisses?

I just saw the name of a movie,
A movie I must have missed.
Twenty Eight First Kisses?
But who have I even kissed?
I think that Eric Shenkle
In a 4-H game of tag
When I was maybe ten years old
(Although I hate to brag)
In loving whispers asked me out
But I can not recall
If there was any kissing done.
Can we count him at all?
I don't think that I ever kissed
Craig Lafferty at least;
The neighbor boy in my class at school
Who was somewhat of a beast.
I dreamed one night that he climbed in
Through my window and we kissed,
And just kissing got me pregnant.
I'm glad that he's not on my list!
I understand while very young,
My sister's boyfriend's brother
Kissed me at the drive in,
But here, we have another.
It's a case of did it happen -
A case of - Is it true?
Can I count him if I can't recall?
1) I'll leave that up to you!
And now, we can fast forward
To when I had turned fourteen.
2) I met Stan Denton on retreat;
Youth Conference I mean.
We dated through the summer
And yes, in time, we kissed.
He was the first boy I french kissed,
A treat not to be missed.
Oh wait!  I missed another,
One I tried to forget.
At twelve, I lost virginity
3) To a pedophile and yet,
I hid the memory deep away
Till after I was grown.
He kissed me as he forced me
With a pain I'd never known.
But turning back to high school,
4) I kissed Greg Palmer too.
We made out on a field trip bus.
What else were we to do?
I dumped him shortly after.
5) My excuse was Rodger's Ring.
In truth, though I did kiss them both,
They didn't mean a thing.
If you don't count my father
6) Who once slipped me the tongue
I've only kissed one other guy
Since I was very young.
When I was sixteen, I could go
To the Stake Gold and Green Ball
7) And there I met Jose who said
He loved me more than all.
He was an awesome kisser.
At fist we kissed a lot.
We married and it wasn't long
It seems that he forgot.
Near forty years together,
We ended in divorce
And now, I'm free to kiss again
But will I?  YES!  Of course!

Now, if I count just suitors,
Or boyfriends on my list,
That leaves me only five young men
That I have ever kissed!
I'd better get to kissing!
I can't be stuck at five!
I might just win the booby prize
For "Lamest Lips Alive!"




3 comments:

Heatherspetals said...

I like your honesty. But don't worry, you definitely have Crystalyn beat lol. I think forceful kissing doesn't count. It's like counting the OBGYN as third base encounters. I once had a creepy neighbor that would pay me a quarter for French kiss and he was in his early twenties and I under 10. I guess I really wanted quarters for candy to sneak at school. I wouldn't count that someone I've kissed. Your pictures actually a very up to date with the new modern "duck lips" trend. You find somebody out there that appreciate you, I'm sure. So much that you'll have to go out in purchasing chapstick

Anonymous said...

Hey be nice Heather, I've got 4 whole guys on my list for sure, and a couple more that I think MAYBE I might have pecked in elementary school. Can't remember for sure haha! Anyway 4 guys. And Cindy shouldn't count the forced smooches, so technically I have HER beat. Mwahaha :)

A Batty Biddy's Blog said...

Heather, the idea of counting the gyn as hitting third base really gave me a chuckle and thanks for making me feel all up to date with the duck lips thing. We actually tried to do a duck lips shot at Hozur's wedding, but we were all laughing too hard! *grin*
Crystal, now you're just trying to make me feel lame, that your 4 GUYS is beating me! I do think that I actually count 5, since the young boy has always stood by his story of our kissing at the drive in. Hmmm. Maybe I should ask Ed if he remembers. You think?