Saturday, October 22, 2016

Behold!

I know it's a little early for Christmas carols, but I've been trying to write one for years.  I figured that I would post some of my attempts.  Don't worry.  I won't post the really bad ones.  You might not even think the really bad ones are all that bad, but I'm a little picky.  So, here's your first one, inspired by Nephi's vision.



        Behold!

Behold the town of Nazareth,

A virgin, white and fair

And come to know the love of God

That's demonstrated there.



Now see the lovely virgin fair,

A baby at her breast,

The mother of the Son of God

In the manner of the flesh.



Behold as well the Lamb of God,

The Son of God above.

Now understand the tree of life.

It stands for God’s great love.



The love of God is spread abroad

Within the hearts of man.

Delicious to the souls of all

Who heed his joyful plan.


Hmmm.  Obviously, not very Christmas Carolish.

No comments: